The Kowolux X5 High Intensity X-Ray Film Viewer (and it’s Larger Sibling the X4)
Designed for high end NDT x-ray film evaluation, these viewers feature the latest POWER-LED Technology, providing magnificent white light over the whole control range. The higher contrast helps inspection operators to find defects and discontinuities easily. Even with very dark films, the High luminance makes it possible to view without destroying them.
Due to the higher efficiency of LED’s, heat generation and power consumption is reduced by 80% when compared to conventional viewers with halogen lamps. With a life span of up to 40,000 hours, frequent bulb replacement is a thing of the past, making it a cost effective choice.
Constructed with an economically designed housing made of durable stainless steel, and a cooling fan that reduces irritating noise. A large variety of accessories make handling films very easy.
- Thermally cured crystal glass viewing screen with 95% translucency and an anti-reflective coating
- Interchangeable masks for different film sizes
- Plug-in foot switch operable without foot switch (with optional operation plug)
- 2 Potentiometer for brightness control – 1… 100%
- Cooling fan with temperature dependent speed control – low noise level
- Changeable filter in the cooling air in-let
- Mounting threads on side panels for mounting loading device for roll films, or a densitometer holder
- Mounting threads on the bottom panel for safe fixing of the viewer on a desk in mobile laboratories
Long Bulb Life
Low Power Consumption
Low Heat Output
|6″ x 4.3″ / 150 x 110 mm|
Maximum Intensity (Luminance)
|500,000 cd/m2 *|
|4.7 D **|
|5,000 K – white|
|88…264 V / 47…63 Hz|
|12.2″ x 9.6″ x 8.6″ / 305 x 220 x 205 mm|
|15.8 lbs / 17.2 Kg|
* Luminance approximately 10% higher than specified when delivered.
** according to DIN EN 25580, ASTM E1390 maximum evaluable density.
Roll Film Adapter
(shown on the model X3 Viewer)