The Kowolux X6 and X6eco High Intensity X-Ray Film Viewers with their 15″ x 10.6″ (380 x 270 mm) Viewing Windows and other design features similar to other Kowolux X series viewers are the largest of the Kowolux X series illuminators.
Designed for high end NDT use, the X6 and X6 Eco are suitable for evaluating large format X-ray films with higher density from castings and other complex parts and components. These viewers feature the latest POWER-LED Technology, providing magnificent white light over the whole control range. The higher contrast helps inspection operators to find defects and discontinuities easily. Even with very dark films, the High luminance makes it possible to view without destroying them.
Due to the higher efficiency of LED’s, heat generation and power consumption is reduced by 80% when compared to conventional viewers with halogen lamps. With a life span of up to 40,000 hours, frequent bulb replacement is a thing of the past, making it a cost effective choice
- Thermally cured crystal glass viewing screen with 95% translucency and an anti-reflective coating
- Interchangeable masks for different film sizes
- Plug-in foot switch operable without foot switch (with optional operation plug)
- 2 Potentiometer for brightness control – 1… 100%
- Cooling fan with temperature dependent speed control – low noise level
- Changeable filter in the cooling air in-let
- Mounting threads on side panels for mounting loading device for roll films, or a densitometer holder
- Mounting threads on the bottom panel for safe fixing of the viewer on a desk in mobile laboratories
Low Power Consumption
Low Heat Output
Long Bulb Life
|10.6″ x 15″ /270 mm x 380mm||10.6″ x 15″ /270 mm x 380mm|
Maximum Intensity (Luminance)
|160,000 cd/m2 *||100,000 cd/m2 *|
|>4.2 D **||>4.0 D **|
|5,000 K – white||5,000 K – white|
|40,000 hours||40,000 hours|
|100…240V / 50 – 60 Hz||100…240V / 50 – 60 Hz|
|20.9″ x 13″ x 15″ / 530mm x 330mm x 380mm||20.9″ x 13″ x 15″ / 530mm x 330mm x 380mm|
|61.7 lbs / 25 kg||48.7 lbs / 22 kg|
*Luminance approximately 10% higher than specified when delivered.
**according to DIN EN 25580, ASTM E1390 maximum evaluable density.